Kryoneri beach Tourist Guide - Super User
Super User

Super User

Adipiscing elit. Morbi tellus tellus, bibendum in nulla vitae, facilisis convallis Morbi tellus tellus, bibendum in nulla vitae, facilisis convallis nibh. Lorem Ipsum is the . Quisque purus magna, ultricies in diam nec, pellentesque ther was a king a .Quisque purus magna, ultricies in diam nec, pellentesque Adipiscing elit.

Monday, 05 December 2016 14:21

Kyma Rent Rooms

Kyma rent rooms

Mobile: 6947845279 Ms Andromahi Gardikioti

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Wednesday, 16 November 2016 11:24

Romalea's Apartments

Το συγκρότημα κατοικιών Romaleas-Apartments που βρίσκεται σε ένα ήσυχο χωριό το Γαλατά, είναι βέβαιο πως μπορεί να προσφέρει μια πραγματική όαση σε όποιον θέλει να ξεκουραστεί και να χαλαρώσει μαζί με την οικογένειά του. Προσφέρει ασφαλή διαμονή σε ένα περιποιημένο και πλήρης εξοπλισμένο περιβάλλον για διακοπές.  Το ευχάριστο περιβάλλον από ένα ολάνθιστο κήπο, με μεσογειακά κυρίως καλλωπιστικά φυτά, υπόσχεται όμορφα πρωινά αλλά και μαγευτικές βραδιές στον υπέροχο αυτό καταπράσινο κήπο που θα σας αποδείξουν με τον καλύτερο τρόπο οι φιλόξενοι ιδιοκτήτες.

Το συγκρότημα κατοικιών Romaleas-Apartments βρίσκεται σε ιδανική ήσυχη τοποθεσία στον οικισμό του Γαλατά του δήμου Χάλκειας Ναυπακτίας,  σε απόσταση 3 Χλμ. από την εθνική οδό Ε55 (Ιώνια οδός). Δυτικά του οικισμού και σε απόσταση 15 Χλμ. βρίσκετε το Μεσολόγγι. Στο χωρίο μας θα βρείτε ταβέρνες, Super Market, Café, ΚΕΠ, πρατήριο Άρτου.

Στο ευρύτερο χώρο υπάρχουν πολλά παραδοσιακά εστιατόρια που λειτουργούν όλο τον χρόνο, προσφέροντας γεύσεις από τροπικά προϊόντα.

Οι παραλίες Καβουρότρηπα και Κρυονέρι με τα κρυστάλλινα ρηχά νερά , ιδανικές για όλες τις ηλικίες, απέχουν μόλις 2 Χλμ. και είναι προσβάσιμες είτε με το αυτοκίνητο είτε με το ποδήλατο.

Τα γραφικά χωριά της Ναυπακτίας, οι παραλίες της Φωκίδας και η αγορά της Πάτρας αποτελούν μια σειρά από κοντινά αξιοθέατα.

http://www.romaleas-apartments.gr/

Friday, 05 September 2014 17:45

Socrates Organic Village

Welcome to our farm!

The organic farm Socrates Organic Village is located by a beautiful beach of Patraikos Gulf, at the ned of the coastial fishing settlement of Kryoneri, between the imposing mountain Varasova and the estuary of river Evinos, at the boundaries of the National Natural Park of Mesolonghi.
it's distance from Mesolonghi and Nafpaktos is 8km and 33km respectively.

Aromatic plants and all kinds of fruit and vegetables are grown in the farm using environmentally friendly methods. Of course, a number of animals are also bred in the farm so that there are enough eggs, milk and meat. Local species of geese, ducks, chicken, peacocks, goats, sheep, pigs, cows co-exist harmoniously in suitable stables.

For you to have a pleasant stay, we have dreamt and created something unique, having our imagination and heart move our hands, taking the visitor's uniqueness & quality into consideration. We built beautiful detached houses, where harmony of the local architecture meets modern comfort.

The houses have their own private garden, where we have taken special care to grow all seasonal fruit & vegetables as well as to leave more than enough space for our little visitors to play.

All houses have an unlimited view to the endless blue of Patraikos Gulf. And "endless blue" is not only beautiful as an image. What is even better is that, once you come out of the farm, you can actually dive in the cool waters of Patraikos Gulf.

To support you during your stay, a small multi-use building has been built, in which there are rooms for meetings of small groups, visitor training as well as a store where you can see & buy local organic products, such as seasonal fruit & vegetables, oil, olives, wives, cheeses, sweets, marmalades, aromatic plants, essential oils etc.

http://organic-village.gr/

Tuesday, 22 July 2014 10:54

Messolonghi city

Missolonghi (Greek: Μεσολόγγι, Mesolongi) is a municipality of 34,416 people (according to the 2011 census)[1] in western Greece. The town is the capital of Aetolia-Acarnania regional unit, and the seat of the municipality of Iera Poli Messolongiou (Sacred City of Missolonghi). Missolonghi is known as the site of a dramatic siege during the Greek War of Independence, and of the death of poet Lord Byron. The town is located between the Acheloos and the Evinos rivers and has a port on the Gulf of Patras. It trades in fish, wine, and tobacco. The Arakynthos mountains lie to the northeast. The town is almost canalized but houses are within the gulf and the swamplands. The Messolonghi-Etoliko Lagoons complex lies to the west. In the ancient times, the land was part of the gulf. The Greek National Road 5/E55 (Ioannina - Patras) passes north of Missolonghi. The town had a railway station on the line to Agrinio but this has been abandoned since the 1970s.

History

Missolonghi was first mentioned by a Venetian called Paruta when he was describing the naval Battle of Lepanto near Nafpaktos. According to predominant historical opinion, its name came from the combination of two Italian words, MEZZO and LAGHI which means "in the middle of lakes" or MESSO and LAGHI (Messolaghi) which means "a place surrounded by lakes". Until 1700, Missolonghi was under Venetian domination. Its inhabitants were mostly fishermen. They lived in cabins which were made of a kind of waterproof straw and reed and stood on stilts above sea water. These cabins or stilt-houses have always been called "pelades". North-west of Missolonghi are the remains of Pleuron ('Asfakovouni'), a town mentioned in Homer's works. It participated in the Trojan expedition and was destroyed in 234 BC by Demetrius II Aetolicus. The new town, which was built on the remains of old Pleuron, was one of the most important towns in Aitolia. Its monumental fortification comprised thirty towers and seven gates. The remains of the theatre and an enormous water tank with four compartments still exist.

Greek War of Independence

During the Orlov Revolt in 1770 the fleet of Missolonghi was defeated and the town passed to the Ottomans. Missolonghi revolted on May 20, 1821 and was a major stronghold of the Greek rebels in the Greek War of Independence, being the seat of the Senate of Western Continental Greece. Its inhabitants successfully resisted a siege by Ottoman forces in 1822.[4] The second siege started on April 15, 1825[4] by Reşid Mehmed Pasha whose army numbered 30,000 men and was later reinforced by another 10,000 men led by Ibrahim Pasha, son of Muhammad Ali Pasha of Egypt. After a year of relentless enemy attacks and facing starvation, the people of Missolonghi decided to leave the beleaguered city in the "Exodus of its Guards" (The Sortie) on the night of April 10, 1826. At the time, there were 10,500 people in Missolonghi, 3,500 of whom were armed. Very few people survived the Ottoman pincer movement after the betrayal of their plan. Due to the heroic stance of the population and the subsequent massacre of its inhabitants by the Turkish-Egyptian forces, the town of Missolonghi received the honorary title of Hiera Polis (the Sacred City), unique among other Greek cities. The famous British poet and philhellene Lord Byron, who supported the Greek struggle for independence, died in Missolonghi in 1824. He is commemorated by a cenotaph, containing his heart, and a statue located in the town.

Modern era

The lagoon of the city The town itself is very picturesque but also modern with functional, regular urban planning. Some very interesting buildings representative of traditional architecture can be seen here. People whose names were related to modern Greek history once lived in some of them. The mansion of the Trikoupis family, Palamas' House, Valvios Library, Christos and Sophia Moschandreou Gallery of Modern Art emphasize the fact that Missolonghi has always been a city of some wealth and refinement. In addition, the Centre of Culture and Art, Diexodos, which hosts cultural events and exhibitions as well as the Museum of History and Art is housed in a neo-classical building in Markos Botsaris Square and hosts a collection of paintings indicative of the struggle of Missolonghi, further boosting the city's cultural and artistic profile. The Missolonghi Byron Society also, founded in 1991 in the city, is a non profit organisation which is devoted to promoting scholarly and general understanding of Lord Byron's life and poetry as well as cultivating appreciation for other historical figures in the 19th-century international Philhellenic movement, idealists who, like Byron, gave their fortunes, talents, and lives for the cause of Greek War of Independence. The Messolonghi Byron Center is now located in the upper floor of Byron House. Today, the Entrance Gate remains intact and so does part of the fortification of the Free Besieged which was rebuilt by King Otto. Past the gate, there is the Garden of Heroes where several famous and some anonymous heroes who fought during the Heroic Sortie are buried. The Garden of Heroes is the equivalent of the Elysian Fields for modern Greece. Every year the Memorial Day for the Exodus is celebrated on Palm Sunday (the Sunday before Easter); the Greek State is represented by high-ranking officials and foreign countries by their ambassadors.

Tuesday, 22 July 2014 10:51

Messolonghi Tomb of Heroes

Tuesday, 22 July 2014 10:48

Roman Baths of Saint Thomas

Tuesday, 22 July 2014 10:41

Nafpaktos Castle & Harbor

Naupactus or Nafpaktos (Greek: Ναύπακτος, formerly Έπαχτος; Latin: Naupactus; Italian: Lepanto; Turkish: İnebahtı), is a town and a former municipality in Aetolia-Acarnania, West Greece, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform, it has been part of the municipality Nafpaktia, of which it is the seat and a municipal unit.[2] It is the third largest town of Aetolia-Acarnania, after Agrinio and Missolonghi. Naupactus is situated on a bay on the north coast of the Gulf of Corinth, 3 km (2 mi) west of the mouth of the river Mornos. The harbour is accessible only to the smallest craft. It is 9 km (6 mi) northeast of Antirrio, 18 km (11 mi) northeast of Patras, 35 km (22 mi) east of Missolonghi and 45 km (28 mi) southeast of Agrinio. The Greek National Road 48/E65 (Antirrio - Naupactus - Delphi - Livadeia) passes north of the town. The 1571 Battle of Lepanto, in which the navy of the Ottoman Turks was decisively defeated by a coalition of European Christians, is named for Naupactus under the Italian form of its name.

Thursday, 20 February 2014 15:51

Evinos river

The Evinos (Greek: Εύηνος) is a 92 km long river in western Greece, flowing into the Gulf of Patras. Its source is in the northern Vardousia mountains, near the village Artotina, Phocis. The river flows in a generally southwestern direction, for most of its length in Aetolia-Acarnania. It feeds the reservoir of Lake Evinos, that is about 10 km². The river flows through a deep forested valley with few small villages. In its lower course it flows through lowlands, and it empties into the Gulf of Patras 10 km southeast of Missolonghi. The village Evinochori near its mouth owes its name to this river. The river was first mentioned in Homeric times. Due to the flooding of the area, a new dam was ordered by the Aitoloakarnanian government[citation needed] to construct a dam near the four-boundaries region of northern Nafpaktia. It took nearly one year and was completed in 2003. Its area is about 5 to 10 km², the height and the depth is approximately 50 m. It rarely supplies water to the area, but it is the westernmost and newest expansion of the water supply line Evinos-Mornos-Yliki-Marathon which covers the needs of Athens. It is connected to the existing Mornos expansion via an underground pipeline 30km long and further to Athens.

Sunday, 16 February 2014 06:58

Messolonghi - Etoliko Sealake

The Messolonghi-Aitoliko lagoons complex is located in the north part of the Gulf of Patras in the central west coast of Greece. It is one of the most important Mediterranean lagoons. It is a shallow area of 150 km2, extended between the Acheloos and Evinos rivers. It is protected by the Ramsar Convention and it is also included in the Natura 2000 network. The largest portion is the Kentriki Limnothalassa ("central lagoon") a shallow sea separated from the Gulf of Patras and the Ionian Sea by a chain of sand islands and is characterized as open type lagoon. To the north, the Aitoliko lagoon is connected to the central lagoon by a narrow “neck” and resembles a deep lake (depth 28 m) rather than a lagoon. The Anatoliki Klisova, Dytiki Klisova, as well as the western lagoons of the complex, namely Tholi and Palaiopotamos, are some shallow areas characterized as closed type lagoons. These communicate with the sea along channels and receives fresh water from the drainage pump system of the region. These lagoons resembles the typical lagoons of north Italy where ‘’vallicultura’’ (lagoon aquaculture) is practiced. The bottom of the western and northwestern area of this system is muddy in contrast to the southern and south-eastern part, which is formed by sand and mud and is almost totally covered by Cymodocea nodosa. The six distinct lagoons can be defined by their topographic and hydrological characteristics. Abiotic features The hydrological balance is mostly controlled by meteorological conditions since, due the absence of significant tides the main factors controlling the water circulation in the lagoons are the wind intensity and direction. On the other hand, because of the limited depth of the lagoons the meteorological changes rapidly affect the abiotic parameters of the water masses. The seasonal changes of the air temperature and rainfall affecting the dynamics the abiotic and biotic parameters of the lagoons. The mean monthly air temperature ranged from 5 to 30 °C with seasonal fluctuations typical of the Mediterranean climate. Two periods of important rainfall were observed, one in spring and another one from October to December. The area is a very important fishing ground for the local community. Fishing exploitation of the lagoons The Messolonghi–Aitoliko lagoon system is a property of the Greek State. The exploitation is a common extensive culture based on the seasonal entrance of young fish (mainly fry, as well as 1 and 2 years old specimens) in the lagoons and the autumn to winter offshore fish migration. Eight fishing co-operative enterprises leasing the lagoons and exploiting the two types of the barrier traps installed at the interface between the lagoon and the sea supply the main fish catches. These are passive gears and their position as well as their nature and the effective fishing period, remained unchanged during the last centuries. The so-called independent fishermen who fish mainly with lights, spears and longlines use the non-leased area of the lagoon system. Furthermore, gill nets and dip nets are also used in the lagoon all over the year. The total annual fish catches decreased from 1500 – 2000 tn in 1960’s to 1300 – 1500 tn in recent years and is provided by 200 fishermen working at the barrier traps and 700 (independent fishermen) fishing in the lagoon. The total annual fisheries landings of the barrier fish traps are estimated in 195 tn and they are mainly composed by 16 species belonging to 8 families. Eel (Anguilla anguilla), four species of Mugilidae (Liza saliens, Liza aurata, Liza ramada and Mugil cephalus), two species of Sparidae (Sparus aurata and Diplodus annularis) and one species of Mullidae (Mullus barbatus) represent more than 92% of the total annual landings. The composition of the fisheries landings varies between lagoons. A group comprised lagoons the landings of which were dominated by eel, the second group was dominated by Mugilidae species and S. aurata, and the third one by L. ramada and M. cephalus. The diversity index of the fisheries landings was rather constant in time except for the Etoliko lagoon where repeated anoxic crises decreased the diversity index value to almost zero. All landings series showed a dominant annual cycle. Two seasonal patterns of the fisheries landings were observed, linked to the fish spawning behavior and/or their reaction to environmental forcings. In a smaller temporal scale (week to month), the migrations are controlled by the meteorological conditions and the lunar cycles. The increase of S. aurata landings in Mesolonghi-Aitoliko lagoons complex during the last years can be linked to the rapid development of the fish farms in the around coastal area. A traditional product which is connected with the fishing exploitation of the lagoons is the avgotaracho Messolongiou (like Japanese karasumi and Italian botargo). The mature ovaries of the flathead grey mullet (Mugil cephalus) manufactured in the traditional way as follows: the whole ovaries of flathead mullet are dissected from the fish, washed with water, salted with natural sea salt, dried under the sun and submerged in melted natural wax. This is very famous product with a great commercial value (about 140 €/kg). Also, this is one of the five products in the category of fresh fish, molluscs, crustaceans and products with protected designation of origin and geographical indication by laws of the Greek Government and the European Union. The term of protected designation of origin is used to describe foodstuffs, which are produced, processed and prepared in a defined geographical area using recognised specific methods.

Sunday, 16 February 2014 06:58

Rio Antirio Castle

The Rio Castle (Greek: κάστρο του Ρίου or Καστέλι της Πάτρας) is located at the north tip of the Rio peninsula in Achaea, Greece, at the entrance of the Corinthian Gulf. The Rio-Antirio Bridge is located next to it, and the local ferry docks lie on either side. Today it is used for cultural purposes, especially concerts and is a tourist attraction. The castle was built by the Ottoman Sultan Bayezid II in 1499 above the ruins of an ancient temple of Poseidon, within three months. Along with its twin, the Antirio Castle, they were intended to protect the entrance to the Corinthian Gulf, and were nicknamed the "Little Dardanelles". The castle is located on the sea shore, with its northern side protected by the sea and the southern by a broad moat, filled with sea water, and two outer bastions (ravelins), linked to the main fort by stone bridges. It has two gates, the central one, facing landwards, and the sea gate. In 1533, it was briefly captured by the Genoese under Andrea Doria, but the Ottomans recaptured it later in the year. In 1687, during the Morean War, it was taken by the Venetians under Francesco Morosini. The Venetians rebuilt the castle, restoring and strengthening it by the addition of towers, giving it its final shape. The Venetians also added the small chapel of the Life-giving Spring (Zoodochos Pege). The Ottomans retook it in 1715, and remained until they surrendered it to French General Nicolas Joseph Maison. Between 1831 and 1912, the castle was used as a military and then civilian prison, whose inmates were often used by the municipality of Patras for cleaning the streets of Rio.

Page 1 of 3